Don't let an untreated hernia leave you hurting
A hernia is a condition in which an organ or tissue protrudes through an abnormal body opening, creating a visible bulge. Hernias can develop in many locations, including places you may have had a surgical incision.
- Inguinal hernia, in which tissue pushes through a weak spot in the groin muscle
- Umbilical hernia, in which tissue pushes through a weak spot in the belly
- Ventral hernia, in which tissue becomes trapped in abdominal muscle
- Incisional hernia, in which tissue pushes through a surgical incision
- Hiatal hernia, in which part of the stomach pushes through the diaphragm